You can learn everything about making soy sauce.
And You can see the wooden barrel “Japanese KIOKE”
Nowadays, only few craftmen can make those special barrels.
The factory tour explains you the process of making soy sauce while your
observing how soybeans are steamed and wheat is roasted.
wooden barell coopers made soysource KINBUE KIOKE（KIOKE PROJECT）
- ： required 20 minutes
- ：【weekday】10:30~（Excluding Monday),12:30~,13:30~
【weekend and holidays】10:30~15:30,Held every 30 minutes
- ： Maximum 9people at a time
- ： 660Kamiigusa,Kawajima town,Hiki-gun,Saitama.
- ：It takes１hour from NARITA airport by car ,and 90 minutes from TOKYO station by train.
- ： 049-297-0917
- ： Available for 27cars(Large vehicles ok)
- ： New year’s holiday season
- ： contact by mail : email@example.com
(How to book your visit)
You can make a reservation from the WEB.
For 8 or more people, please tell us the desired date and time,and the number of people.
information around the area
Old storehouse zone in Kawagoe
The townscape of warehouse building still remains today in Kawagoe City.
The warehouse is a fireproof building,made to prevent the fire from spreading,and this was developed as a format of townhouse in the Edo era.
It retains traces of the Edo period.
Japan’s longest rose tunnel(Kawajima town)
The small diameter of the rose consisting of about 480 tsurubaras and about 60 varieties was approved as “Japan’s longest rose tunnel” with a total length of 340.5 meters.
You can enjoy the rose tunnel in the middle of May.
Koedo Kawagoe Tourist Association (the external links) www.koedo.or.jp/foreign/english/index.html